Monday, November 22, 2010

Inspiring Mondays

Credit for picture

Today's picture is a Kelpie. If you've read Knight of Glory, you already know all about this mysterious creature but if you haven't - the Kelpie is a water demon horse. It commonly looks like a lost pony and its mane is constantly dripping. To touch it could mean death, the horse is that cold. And if you should climb onto its back, it will race to the nearest body of water and drown you. Not the nicest of creatures, huh?

Extra little tidbit - the Kelpie will make a return appearance in Champion of Valor. But sh, I didn't tell you that! :)

7 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Yeah, race to the nearest body of water and drown you. FYI - no-touchy. Thanks for sharing.

Stina said...

I think I used the Scandinvian version in a novel I outlined for a series I was going to write. I can't remember anymore. I ended up shelving the series even though I only queried 15 agents (and landed a partial then full request). I got distracted with something else. Hmmm. Mabye I'll have to revisit the creature in one of my upcoming projects. :)

Joanne Brothwell said...

Pretty picture. Sounds scary, though!

Carol Riggs said...

Oooh! Kelpie horsie! Way cool. Love the pic and the concept. :)

Creepy Query Girl said...

Oh yes, I've read all about kelpies (on wikpedia:) lol.

Rachael Harrie said...

Love the picture. I hadn't actually heard of them, might have to do a bit of research :) They sound like a really cool paranormal creature!

Rach

Jamie Gibbs said...

Kelpies are very strange creatures. I remember reading a book about 'Creatures from elsewhere' where the Kelpie was drawn as a reverse centaur (top half horse, bottom half man). When you're 5 years old, that kind of stuff stays with you, hehe.