Friday, November 5, 2010

Family Friday

Son #1 is two. He is learning words at a rapid rate but still loves to babble partly because he can talk so much faster when he's babbling.

Yesterday, he walked over to my husband's nightstand, pointed to his father in a picture of the three of us and said hubby's name. I cracked up. I pointed to myself, but he didn't want to  call me or himself anything. He pointed to his father again and again said his name, at which point I tried to get him to say 'daddy' but he promptly ignored me and started to get into things he shouldn't.

Now son #1 loves to call his daddy when daddy's at work. He'll take my cell phone and call him (which only works if hubby is the last person I called, son knows how to redail). When hubby answers, son always says 'Hi, da!' and babbles to his little hearts content. It's so precious. And if he's done, he'll say 'bye' and hang up.

Son #1calls me 'ma' and has a tendncy to only call me that when he feels like I'm spending too much time with his father or brotehr. He'll say 'ma' then babble for awhile. If I dare turn to look at hubby, he'll say 'ma' again to get my attention. He really is adorable.

Now he has said 'Cole' before and sometimes even 'Nicole' but he doesn't seem to associate that with me. Unlike poor hubby. And hubby at first thought it was funny to hear son say his name, but wishes his son would call him 'daddy'. We're still waiting for 'I love you.' I'm sure it won't be too long of a wait.

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well, there's worse things he could be called!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I can sure understand son#1. I have one of those. LOL

Vicki Rocho said...

SUCH a cute age! The first I love you will melt your heart--he's probably saving it for when he gets into trouble as it is guaranteed to get him out (the first time anyhow)

Stina said...

Oh, so sweet! Where do you find the time to write?

Meredith said...

Aww, he sounds like such a smart cutie pie :)

Regina said...

Those are precious times. They grow up so fast. Enjoy every moment. I always think it is funny when they call the other parent by there real names instead of dad. Its comical.

Colene Murphy said...

So cute!

Julie Musil said...

That's so cute! Soon he'll be calling "Mommy" all day long. Like "Ooops. Mommy!"

Unknown said...

I love that age! What a great post. I loved to hear "I love you" as well.
CD

PK HREZO said...

Aww... sweetness! Hearing them say I Love You is the best thing in the world!!! Mine are 5 and 4. I never get tired of hearing it. :)