Monday, April 18, 2011

Creature Mondays

Picture taken from here

Today's creature is the golem, a creature that makes an appearance in Champion of Valor, which, btw, I saw a preview of the cover art and it is gorgeous! I'll share as soon as I can!

Golems come from Jewish folklore and are artificial animated men. Golem comes from "gelem, a Jewish word that means "raw material."

Traditionally, a golem was made from clay and animated by a magical or religious word on its forehead or a piece of parchment in its mouth.According to legend, Rabbi Judah Loew created a golem to protect the Jewish residents of a ghetto but the creature turned violent and killed non-Jews before turning on its creator. Reminds me of another monster....

In other news, son #2 is finally going to see an allergist today! I'm praying and hoping that by the time his appointment is over, we'll know what he is allergic too. Please pray everything goes well!

3 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

"Raw" is a great word to describe this dude. LOL Good luck with the allergist. I've been there. It will be fine. :)

Cherie Reich said...

I hope things with the allergist went well. By the way, there is a book cover of Champion of Valor on Desert Breezes' site. I can't wait to read it! If you want an interview or anything, let me know. :)

Carol Riggs said...

Yep, sounds like some creepy dude! More so than Frankenstein, really. Hope all went well at the allergist's! Happy Easter to you and your family. :)