Friday, April 8, 2011

400 Followers Contest!

It's contest time again!

So I want to do something different with this contest, and I'll hope you all will enjoy it.

This contest is especially geared to readers.

I want you to tell me what you want me to write about for my next short story.

You pick the genre, any genre. You create the main character and the antagonist. Name them if you want, tell me what they look like. If there's romance, create the hero and the heroine. A space opera with a race of minotaurs? A historic sweet romance? Zombies? Selkies? I'm up for absolutely anything. Have fun with it, be creative!

You can email me your story ideas at Nicole.Zoltack@gmail.com or post them in the comments.

I'll then pick a winner and write the story. I'll do my best to get it published, most likely in a magazine or through an epublisher, and will dedicate the story to you as well as give you a free copy.

10 comments:

Theresa Milstein said...

Congratulations on having 408 followers and counting. I'll have to think about this and get back to you.

Creepy Query Girl said...

congrats! 400's a great place to be!

Cherie Reich said...

Congratulations on over 400 followers! I'll think on a story idea and get back to you.

Anonymous said...

Nicole - first, congratulations! And second, great idea for a contest. Sure to get the creative juices flowing of your followers. LOVE IT! I will have to get busy.

Sophia said...

Congratulations on 400 followers, Nicole!
- Sophia.

Stina said...

What a cool idea for a contest. And congrats on reaching 400 followers. :D

Sondrae Bennett said...

Wow 400 followers is incredible! I always love reinvented fairy tales and I think they can be perfect for a short story length so that's my suggestion. Reinvent your favorite fairy tale!

The Words Crafter said...

huh. I tried to respond to this at work with my phone. Didn't work.

Anyway, this is an incredible and unique contest. I have an idea for you and I will email it to you tomorrow when my eyes aren't so sandpapery.....

Fun!

Deniz Bevan said...

Congratulations on your followers! And what a novel idea for a contest. Mailing you my entry now...

Chloe Booklover said...

What about a short story from the point of view of a highly recognized character, eg. Santa Claus, Lindt Gold Bunny, etc. Okay, maybe not a bunny, but you get the idea! Or it could be a real figure (not to say that Santa is fake or anything...). I just think it would be really interesting to see things from the point of view of a famous person/character! (Marilyn Monroe?)

chloe.hope.bookie(at)gmail(dot)com