Monday, April 4, 2011

Creature Mondays and Winner

Credit for picture
Today's creature is Kobald.

From German folklore, the Kobald are household spirits. Kobalds look like a little old man. "Kobe" means "house" and "hode" means "beautiful" or "good."

A Koblad helps to make a house beautiful. As long as he is givin food to it, a Koblad will complete any household task that has been left unfinished one the family goes to sleep.

One legend tells of the Kobalds in the city of Cologne. They did so much hard work at night that the citizens grew lazy. A tailor's wife became so curious to see the Kobalds at work that she scattered peas onto the floor  to make them slip and fall. Infuriated (and rightly so!) the Kobalds disappeared, leaving the people of Cologne to do their tasks and chores themselves, without magical help.

I wish I had a Kobald to help me clean my house!

Ok, I made you all wait long enough. It's time to announce the winner of my Fool for Books contest.


Nightly Cafe!


BK, I'll be emailing you shortly.

For those of you who didn't win, don't worry. The Fools for Books giveaways pushed my follower count to over 400, and you know what that means!

Another contest!

I'll post the details of the contest on Friday, so be sure to stop on by.

And congrats to Nightly Cafe!

6 comments:

Creepy Query Girl said...

ok, this is really weird. My daughter came home from school the other day and recounted pretty much the same fairy tale. It's a fench legend around here I guess. Weird!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, how can I get one of those? I am horrible at housework.

-Vicki

David P. King said...

I want one, so long as it doesn't eat much.

Congratulations to the winner!

I gave you a Shout-Out on my blog. :)

Ann said...

Congratulations to Nightly Cafe!

I want a Kobald! I need a Kobald....How do I get one?

Lydia Kang said...

I would like a few Kobalds to hang at my house. Please.

The Words Crafter said...

Congratulations to Nightly Cafe!!!

That Kobald is cute! I wish I had a couple. And I would promise to not take them for granted, either!!!!