I wanted to tell you all about the latest blogfest I signed up for. It's gonna be a lot of fun and there are some awesome prizes to be won!
Every great story has great characters! So this blogfest is designed to help us flex our character writing muscles through three separate blog posts.
February 6th - Monday: Characters on the couch: Have one of your characters answer the following questions (to make this work to your benefit, choose a character who is the hardest for you to write :) Max 250 words (Not including the questions—only the answers).
- What is your biggest vulnerability? Do others know this or is it a secret?
- What do people believe about you that is false?
- What would your best friend say is your fatal flaw? Why?
- What would the same friend say is your one redeeming quality? Why?
- What do you want most? What will you do to get it?
February 8th - Wednesday - Dialogue Introduction: Have two characters introduce each other using only dialogue—no backstory, no internalization, just dialogue between the two. Max 250 words.
February 10th - Friday - Emotion Flash Fiction: Emotion is the engine of a story. Pick an emotion and in a flash fiction piece of 250 words MAKE us feel it! We want to connect with your character. This will be a challenge in 250 words.
Cassie and Angie decided to pick two winners for each day:
- From Angie: The Color Code by Taylor Hartman—this book is a fantastic study of personality. It’s simple, easy to follow, and will give you tons of insight into how different personalities interact. I use it all the time. I don't normally like non-fiction, but this is one of my favorites. See description here.
- From Cassie: Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. You can check out the description from Goodreads here. This book so far has been the only book to make me fall for both male leads. The characters' flaws and their strengths kept pulling me in two different directions the entire way through.
- From Angie : A query critique and first 20 page critique.
- From Cassie: A query critique and first 20 page critique.
- From Angie : A full manuscript critique.
- From Cassie: A full manuscript critique.
To sign up for the blogfest, click here. I'm only going to post on Wednesday and Friday. I would love to win one of the prizes.
Will you sign up? Know of any other great blogfests out there?