1. Edit and send Champion of Valor to beta readers, make changes, and send it to Gail.
This has to be done so this is a guarantee check at the end of the year.
2. Finish the last couple of tweaks to Alexia's Pen before sending out queries.
The query letter and synopsis are all done. Just need to make some scene changes.
3. Re do the beginning scene to Hidden in Shadows and send it off to beta readers. Make changes. Rework the query letter to incorporate voice and send them out.
4. Start working on a new project. Or two.
Last year, I had written down resolutions to write three complete novels. I know that is just not how I operate. I have periods of intense writing and periods of inactivity. With my young ones and trying to get them on the same sleeping schedule, that's just going to happen. I would like to be able to write more than one story a year, even if it's a story and a half and gradually work my way up to two or three full novels a year.
5. Do a better job of keeping my website up-to-date and work on increasing my newsletter subscriptions. Also, send out the newsletter at least 4 times a year.
So there are my goals. Far more realistic than last year's - get an agent. Oh boy, lol, do I laugh at that now!
I also plan on making monthly goals on the 1st of the month and seeing how I do at the end of the month to help keep my goals in sight and keep myself on track.
So what are your writing resolutions this year? Do you having reading resolutions? (I would like to find more time to read, even if it's only ten minutes a day.) Regular resolutions? (I want to get back to my college graduation weight - a little less than 20 pounds to go!)