Friday, October 4, 2013

Jennifer M. Eaton - Author of The First Day of the New Tomorrow - Talking about being blinded by yourself

Have you ever been blinded by yourself?

Have you ever been so blinded by what you think you KNOW is true, only to find out it wasn’t true after all?  I think this has happened to everyone at least once in their lives.  It’s the old “I shoulda/coulda” conundrum. 

I think this was more prevalent in my life when I was younger, and a lot more unsure of myself in some respects.  I hated to look in the mirror.  I saw every freckle, every zit, every misplaced hair… I focused on the ugly, and when people complemented my looks, I thought they were just trying to be nice.

This is the theme I built my sorry “The First Day of the New Tomorrow” on.  Maya is a girl who’s not happy with much in her life.  She’s unsure of herself and has her eye on a boy who is farther out of reach than that basketball net that embarrasses her in gym… until one day she wakes up with magical powers.

Wouldn’t that be great to all of the sudden have your every wish come true?  Maybe. Maybe not.
Could you live with having it all, knowing you didn’t earn it?

The thought is very appealing. (I think everyone would agree) but after a while it would probably get old, don’t you think? 

I’m trying to decide—If I could go back to high school, and magically change SOMETHING, what would that something be?

To be completely honest, I’m not sure that I would change anything, other than maybe applying for more college scholarships. What I experienced in high school, while hard at times, is what made me who I am today, and I kinda like myself.

What about you?  If you could change something back in your high school years, what would it be?

***

Bio:

Jennifer M. Eaton is a contemporary blender of Science Fiction, Dystopian, and Romance.  Her work ranges from the sweet contemporary romances of Paper Wishes, to the dystopian society of Last Winter Red and Optimal Red, with a dusting of young adult paranormal just for fun in The First Day of the New Tomorrow.

While not off visiting other worlds, Jennifer calls the East Coast of the USA home, where she lives with her wonderfully supportive husband, three energetic boys, and a pepped up poodle. 

Full time team leader, full time mom, and full time novelist... what more can you ask for?  Writing help did you say?  Well, sure!  Jennifer hosts an informational blog aimed at helping all writers be the best they can be. Stop on by and chat. She loves to hear from fans! http://www.jennifermeaton.com/

***

Her contemporary sweet romance, Paper Wishes is currently available in ebook format.  The Dystopian novelette “Last Winter Red” is available as part of the “Make Believe” Anthology.   Each title is available from Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com and Smashwords.

Paper Wishes:  Jill has no idea what she wants for Christmas, but when it looks like her best friend Jack is going to get exactly what he asks for, Jill makes a Christmas wish that will change both of their lives forever. 

Last Winter Red:  In search of a husband, Emily leaves the safety of the city and risks her life stepping into the outside world.  What she finds there will question the foundations of everything she believes in. Available as part of the Make Believe anthology.

The First Day of the New Tomorrow: Maya dreams of having everything she wants, but when she gets it, she can’t give it back fast enough. (Coming in September, 2013 from Muse It Up)

*******


Purchase Links:


3 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Deciding whether or not we could live with having it all but not earning it is a fantastic theme to ponder at any age; especially the teen years.

Great post!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I wouldn't want to go back, let alone change anything.
Congratulations, Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for having me Nicole! It's been a pleasure.