Thursday, July 5, 2012

Interivew with Mallory Kane, Author of No Hero


Everyone, please welcome Mallory Kane! We have a fun Q&A session for you all to enjoy.

So, Mallory, what inspired you to write No Hero?
When I wrote my first book for Harlequin Intrigue, The Lawman Who Loved Her,  Devereux Gautier showed up as the hero, Cody Maxwell's partner. He was a wise-cracking Cajun who very nearly took over the book. Ever since then, Dev has been one of my favorite characters. Now he finally gets his own book.

I love it when it when side characters get highlighted in their own stories!

When did you first consider yourself a writer? I've always been a writer. I wrote my first piece when I was 8 or 9 years old. It was called Miss Mousie Had A Tea Party. I wrote my first romance when I was around 13. It had the requisite bad boy, the innocent girl who knew there was a good guy inside the bad boy, and of course a mystery.

Now that sounds like a fun story! Who doesn't like a bad boy? My first story was just awful but I'll never forget it.

What book are you reading now? I'm reading a historical romance called From This Day Forward, by Deborah Cox, available on Kindle Direct. It's very good.

Oh, I've heard good things about that book!

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Sure. I'd love to say thank you for reading my books. Thanks for writing me and telling me you enjoyed a particular book, or asking me a question about what's going to happen to some secondary character. Thanks for thinking about me when you enjoy one of my books. I'm pretty sure readers know that writers don't write to make money or to become famous. We write because we have to write. The fact that readers enjoy our books and get excited just like we do when a new book comes out, is a thrill beyond imagining.

Hear, hear! Well said.

What would you do if you didn’t have to work? Well, I don't really have to work. I retired from my career as a pharmacist several years ago. I was already writing and I've continued to write since then. The little bit of extra money the writing brings is very helpful for household expenses. But as I said above, I don't write because I need to. I write because I'm a writer.

Writing because you're a writer makes the best kind of writers. At least I think so. Then again, I might be a teensy bit biased because I write because I'm a writer too... lol

What did you want to be when you were 10 years old? This is going to sound really shallow, but I think I might have wanted to be Miss America.

Not shallow at all! At one point, I wanted to be an actress and a model. How's that for shallow?

If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be? I'd absolutely love to call my biography Me. That's the title of Kathryn Hepburn's autobiography and I think it's the perfect title for mine too. J

Now that is a good title!

If you won $20 million in the lottery, what would you do with the money? I've actually talked about this with my husband and a couple of friends. I don't think our lives would be substantially different. I don't want servants hanging around my house. I would hire a gardener, because I'm no good with plants. I'd provide for my nieces and nephews and their children. Probably the biggest change we'd make is to have a house in either France or Italy. We spent two weeks this summer in the South of France and in the Rome and Naples area of Italy. We're already saving to go back next year.

I am so so so jealous! I really want to go to Europe. Will you take me with you? A house in France or Italy sounds amazing! And I agree about the servants. I also have no green thumb. I tend to kill plants. Not that I mean to.

Thanks so much for the opportunity to be interviewed. These questions were really great. What fun!

Glad to have you!


Mallory Kane

A darkly handsome New Orleans detective who insists he’s no hero is blindsided by his one‐time lover, a sexy investigative TV reporter who exposes his secret troubled past to the whole world...and nearly costs him his job.

When the at‐risk teens he mentors start turning up dead, his vow to protect the other kids hits a major
snag...his only clue to finding the determined killer is held by the one woman he never wants to see again.

Compelled to work together to solve the vicious murders before another child dies, their passion reluctantly reignites, and their mutual mistrust slowly turns to respect as she realizes there’s much more to being a hero than outward appearances, and his deeply wounded heart gradually opens to the possibility of love.
 

3 comments:

KatieC said...

This looks great! And I agree. I want to go to Europe too :)

Mallory Kane said...

Thanks so much, Nicole, for having me as your guest. I really enjoyed your questions. Looking around your site, I see that you're into short stories.

I love writing short stories. The whole process for a short story is so different from a novel. Do you think so? I plan to check out some of your stories.

Thanks again.
Mallory Kane
http://www.mallorykane.com

Anonymous said...

Great interview:-) Loved your answers! I want a house in France!!