Monday, December 7, 2009

Interview with Catherine Bybee



I have an author to introduce before you can read the interview. Catherine Bybee is a paranormal romance author with The Wild Rose Press.

Catherine, take it away!

CB:Thank you, Nicole for having me here today.

NZ:When did you start writing? Why?

CB:A few years ago I injured my back at work and found myself sitting in a chair with a heating pad day in and day out. I’ve always written when I had time… after work or when the kids were asleep… but at this point I had more time than I knew what to do with so I picked up my pace and finished my first manuscript.

NZ:How did you come up with the title?

CB:Titles are actually easy for me. Binding Vows is based in part on a handfasting ceremony that links my hero and heroine. The title was a given.

NZ:Most authors are also readers. What book(s) are you currently reading?

CB:I finished Sins of the Flesh by Caridad Pineiro last week and haven’t had time to pick up another book. Sins was a fantastic twist on the paranormal. Caridad did a wonderful job, as always.

NB:Any advice for writers?

CB:Writers write… so do it. You can’t get published if you don’t finish a story. So write, polish and submit. In that order!

NZ:How would you describe yourself in three words?

CB:Determined, determined, determined.

NZ:What is your go to tool in your author's toolbox?

CB:My critique partners. They keep me on track whenever I’m stuck or need a boost.

NZ:What comes first: plot or characters?

CB:Characters.

NZ:What have you learned about writing since becoming published?

CB:That there is just as much hard work do be done after signing the contract as there is before. With an editor and a publisher working with you, this work is guided and you do have a warm and fuzzy feeling through the process, but the work is far from over.

Binding Vows is available now at The Wild Rose Press in print or electronic copy.

To learn more about Binding Vows, future releases or previous ones, visit my website.

Thanks again for having me here, Nicole. I look forward to seeing you over on my blog soon.

NZ: Thanks for the wonderful interview, Catherine! Wishing you many, many sales!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Thank you!
Blessings, andrea

Emma Lai said...

Hi, Catherine! I loved your description of the work that goes on after the contract offer.

Catherine Bybee said...

Thanks for stopping by Andrea.

There is a lot, huh, Emma?

Mary Ricksen said...

Then you have to promote it. That's another job too!

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

When you typed in The End, I bet you never thought it was only the beginning. lol

Enjoyed the interview.

Catherine Bybee said...

Oh, yeah.... Mary... then there is the promo. Never ending. But then, you meet lots of lovely people and read so many wonderful books.

Karen: No, I didn't. Not really.