Monday, June 8, 2009

Yet another rejection... and a submission contest

I received an email this morning that the short story that I submitted for the Demon Clash of Steel Anthology was rejected. "The opening scene meets - even exceeds - my guideline request to hook me...but then the ensuing page and a half unhooks me. Don't give up on that action-oriented, engaging start."

The opening scene is one of my best. It introduces the demon and how he is released from Hell. The next scene introduces the hero, and he learns about his quest. I think I'll leave the story as is as I send it out to a magazine but if I get more rejections, I may have to change the second scene. We'll see.


I also found another submission contest that some of you may be interested in. Do you write sweet romances? Inspirational stories? Then check out the White Rose Publishing Page on Hearts Crossing. The story has to be between 20-25k and follow the synopsis listed (there are some holes for you to fill in). The deadline in September 30th. If you decide to enter, good luck!

1 comment:

Tanya Hanson said...

Hi Nicole, rejections mostly stink but that closed door often opens a window Now, I sound like that nun in Sound of Music:) Congrats on your books,
~Tanya

www.tanyahanson.com