Editing is not always an easy process. Authors tend to get
too close to their stories to be able to see mistakes or plot holes or other
issues. It's important to have critique partners and beta readers but
sometimes, you need more.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, typos
- Overlook of the big picture, the plot points, the characters, inconsistency, voice, head hopping, POV slips.
- Does not include editing or proofreading
- Overused words, tenses, clarity, pacing, dialogue, structure, readability, tone, point of view, clichés, crutch words, awkward sentences, showing versus telling, description, setting, etc.
- Includes critique and proofreading.
- $3.00 for 1K
- $5.00 per 1K
- As I already mentioned, I think it's important that authors use critique partners and beta readers before hiring an editor so that their manuscript is already shining so I charge by the hour, not by word count or pages. The better shape your story already is in, the less you have to pay me for editing.
- Send me a sample (5-10 pages). This sample I will edit for free. Based on this sample, I will determine the price of a complete edit. There is no obligation at this point to hire me.
- I can do a chapter or partial edit in addition to a full MS
- Half of the payment is due upfront.
- Rush is available for an additional charge.
- A discount is available if you want a second round of edits.
- You can pay through paypal or by check. Your check must clear before I start to work on your MS.
- Editor and proofreader for various publishers
- 8 novels and 2 novellas published by small presses
- 15+ short stories published in anthologies
- 4 novels and 2 novellas self published
- Edited 100+ novels for clients
- I have had my manuscript edited by several editors. None of them were as thorough, honest and genuinely caring about their editing like Nicole. She is punctual and deliver what she has been commissioned to do with professionalism and dedication. She read the manuscript with utmost attention and her editing showed how well she knew the story. I would recommend Nicole to all my writer's friends and would definitely have her edit my next book. I put Nicole's name in my book as the only editor that edited my book. She deserves it. ~ Laila El-Sissi, author of Out of the Shadow of Me
- Nicole Zoltack is a terrific editor that is always on point with her critiques. She can show a writer what they are doing wrong in a nice way that helps the writer grow instead of stunting them. Nicole is impressive with the way she helps to grow the imagination of the writer. I truly love her skills and use her all the time for my editing needs. I highly recommend her for your own writing needs and hope you have as great a time with her as I have and do. ~ Esther Wheelmaker, author of Gravely Inanimated: A Tale of Woe and Romance
- Nicole is an amazing editor which is why I've used her several times. She takes my work from good to great and provides educational notes that further help my writing for future projects. Her editing helps me work out the kinks I didn't know existed. I've had nothing but a timely and professional experience with her. ~Omegia Keeys, author of Rise and Fall of a Track Star and Single, Black, and Government Owned
- Nicole Zoltack edited The Labyrinth Wall and the quality of her work was fantastic. She was timely and truly provided thoughtful feedback on the story. In fact, after making changes she suggested in her critique, The Labyrinth Wall came to life in a new way. She has a sharp eye for pacing and structure that makes a story come together. Nicole Zoltack was a pleasure to work with and is a wonderful editor. ~Emilyann Girdner, author of The Labyrinth Wall
- Nicole Zoltack tackles a manuscript with all the eagerness and imagination a editor can muster. She not only edits, she reads the story and gets involved. Never over suggestive, but always positive with her comments, she's wonderful to work with. I've had the extreme pleasure of working with her on several projects and will continue to do so as long as she has the time. You will be pleasantly surprised at how gentle and yet thorough she handles your manuscript and I highly recommend her to anyone who wants to put forth their best efforts. Nicole is an excellent kind of editor that makes you feel good about writing and having it edited. If you don't believe me, try her for yourself. ~ Rita Hestand, author of the upcoming Red River Valley Brides Series
- Nicole is a thorough editor. She pointed out the weak spots in my story and gave me valuable feedback, plus she did all this in a timely manner and at an affordable rate. I was very satisfied with her work and plan to use her again. ~Kelley Heckart, author of the upcoming The Bear Goddess
- I’ve enjoyed working with Nicole as my editor. She works on a developmental level, which is very helpful, as well as proofreading. Nicole is pleasant to work with and meets agreed upon deadlines. ~Barbara Lohr, author of A Windy City Romance series
- Double-spaced, 1" margins, TNR, font 12
- Send to Nicole.Zoltack@gmail.com
- Any genre, any MS, even picture books. I have experience editing fiction and non-fiction.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. And feel free to email me any questions you have after I return your MS.